115 Park Street (Park &
Wauconda, IL 60084
7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Be sure to join us on Facebook
In preparation for the 11th annual Walk on Water Tournament we wanted to post some reminders on Parking and Derby Rules and General House Keeping.
Parking is available at Lindy’s, Homer T. Cook Park, and Slice.
- No Trailer Parking at Lindy’s
- Homer Cook is the primary launch location for participants with trailers and machines. The park is located north of Lindy’s off of Main St. The trail to access the lake is in good shape and is well marked.
- If you park at Docks, please know that you are parking at your own risk and may be charged a fee unrelated to our event.
- Pre-Registration is available. This is the best way to register for the Derby. WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU PRE-REGISTER!
- Fishing for the WOW Derby begins at 7 a.m. Fish caught before 7 a.m. will not be accepted for the Derby. No lines in the water before 7 a.m.
- Fish caught and entered in the derby are recorded by Length and Time. In the event of a tie by length, the first fish caught will break the tie.
- WOW participants agree to abide by all State and Local fishing regulations, including all size and creel limits.
- All fish must be alive when measured by a WOW official.
- Walk on Water promotes CPR (catch, photo, release)
- Participants with the largest catch in each fish species will be awarded grand prizes by raffle. Four grand prizes, four winning participants, one unbiased child will determine the assignment of prizes.
- Prizes will be awarded around 12 p.m.
Raffle Details and General Housekeeping
- Please bring your food donation for the Wauconda Food Pantry when you check in at Lindys. Food will be consolidated for one trip to the pantry.
- Please purchase raffle tickets in the morning when you check in at Lindy’s. Raffle tickets will be available until 11 a.m. There is no guarantee we will make to every shanty on the ice for raffle ticket sales.
- Garbage – Pack it in, pack it out. Leave nothing but foot prints and good memories.
- Pre-registration will close Friday afternoon. Did we mention that you can PRE-REGISTER!